Friday, January 30, 2009

papertowels and coffee filters

For all you avid coffee drinkers out there, if you ever find yourself in the situation I was in just the other day, here is a remedy for coffee filters.

I always prepare my coffee the night before so that I can set it on auto and it brews every weekday morning at 6:30. Well, one night after my shower I went to set up my coffee only to discover that I was out of filters.

I was in my pajamas and it was late, so running to the store several blocks away was not an option. My other option was to pick up some coffee before work, but the first thing I do in the mornings is sip my coffee while watching the news. It jump starts my day and helps me wake up so I can get ready and it's part of my routine. During my desperation, I decided my third option was a paper towel. I added an little extra coffee grounds because the paper towel is a little bit thicker than standard filters.

Needless to say, I woke up had my cup of coffee and it tasted the same as every morning. The paper towel worked, but I bought filters that afternoon. The next day I ran out of creamer.

No comments: