Monday, March 16, 2009

Oops!

I told myself if I was going to create a blog I was going to enter a post each week. Well, I did not stay true to my vow...so here I am playing catch up!

The biggest thing in my life now is my recent engagement to my boyfriend, Bryan Simpson! He proposed February 15th at Buffalo Springs Lake.

It all started as just a simple walk and hike out at the lake one afternoon after church. We hiked up a hill and Bryan wanted to take my picture with the lake behind me. After he took the picture he said he wanted to take one more of me with something from his backpack. He opened it up and pulled out my very favorite stuffed animal from when I was a little girl, named Sparkling Bunny. She is very special. I slept with her every night, took her with me to college, and loved her with my whole heart.

At first I did not understand why Bryan had Sparkling Bunny in his backpack. I thought he brought her out there just to be silly. Then I noticed a note tied around her neck with ribbon that read "Will you marry me?" Tied with the note was a diamond ring! That is when I realized that Bryan was proposing! Needless to say, I said yes!!

So, this past month I have gotten to take in all the joy and excitement of planning a wedding with Bryan and our families! We have set at date for the wedding. We will be getting married December 19, 2009 at the First Baptist Church of Levelland. It will be a traditional Baptist ceremony and reception with a winter-Christmas theme!

I am excited to be marrying Bryan! I have been praying for my future husband since I was 10. I didn't know exactly what I wanted in a husband but I did know I wanted someone who was tall, handsome, someone who would love me more and more each day, and someone who was a man of the Lord. God honored these prayers and gave all that plus so much more that He knew I needed in a mate. I truly believe that Bryan and I were made for each other!

1 comment:

Amber Ruth said...

that was a such a sweet blog! =)