Monday, June 1, 2009

Conan! Pearl Jam!

I just got done watching the new Late Night show tonight, but the show is not what is new it's the host!  Conan O'Brien has replaced Jay Leno and tonight was the first airing of Conan as Late Night's new host.  He did a wonderful job!  I've never been a late night/late show watcher, but I will be an avid Conan watcher.  

My brother, Aaron has been a Letterman fan since as long as I can remember.  He even drew a sketch of David Letterman in his art class in high school.  Last summer I got to go to a live taping of Letterman.  I think he's a great commedian, but Conan is what I get into.  His sense of humor is more appealing to me than Leno and Letterman.  

As for Jimmy Fallon; he needs to be replaced immediately.  I do not think he's funny.  He acts awkward, uncomfortable, and insecure while he's hosting.  I didn't even like him on SNL.  Watching him kills me (so I don't).  I'm sorry to all you Fallon fans, but his humor is ridiculous.  

Back to Conan.  After a hilarious skit of being the tour guide for a Universal Studios tour (I can't even begin to exlain it) Will Ferrell came on...talked and left and then Pearl Jam, the musical guest, came on and played a song from their latest album which released back in the spring of 2006.  

Pearl Jam is my favorite band.  I'm not one of those emo freaks who are all about music and stuff...in fact I rarely listen or buy CDs, but I love Pearl Jam.  They came out in the early 90's...I was probably 6.  They were one of the first "grunge" bands and therefore creators of "grunge" music.  I don't know really what "grunge" means.  It's a broad term, I guess.  Anyway, Aaron was all about Pearl Jam in junior high and high school.  That's how I started listenng to them and I do not consider myself a connessiur of music and bands but Pearl Jam is very gifted and their music, both lyrics and sound are brilliant.  I've even had dreams about them!!  

Can I brag a minute?  My fiance, Bryan must really really love me.  I broke/abused the old dell laptop he gave me that was his before he got his brand new, very nice, very muched loved Mac laptop.  Don't ask about the abuse the old dell laptop took...let's just say...it was old...didn't work well...and I got mad...more than once.  Anyway, it's broken and does not work, so sweet precious Bryan told me I could take his prized Mac laptop home to use during the day while he is at school and I sit at home bored.  How sweet is he?  Now, if only he would buy me a new computer...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

muched loved? spell check Adge...as for abusing/killing the old lap top...lets just hope your kids will not suffer, because they are not just easily replaced.