Saturday, May 30, 2009

Good day, good company, good buys!

Today was a very eventful and wonderful day filled with lots of good buys, good food, and downtime with my best friend/twin, Abby Rebecca Baggett.

We met at Freebirds for lunch. Freebirds is the best burrito joint in America. It's not only one of my favorite restaraunts in Lubbock but it also brings back very special memories of major events in my life. Let me explain: a) I ate at Freebirds with Bryan the week I moved to Lubbock. b) I ate at Freebirds for lunch with Abby and Bryan hours before Bryan took me to Buffalo Springs Lake to propose. c) I ate at Freebirds for lunch with Abby and my mom right after I found my dream wedding gown. So, yes, I love Freebirds. You can make things out of the foil wrapper that your burrito comes in and I made a large diamond ring. It is hanging in front of the door at Freebirds in the Central Park shopping center.

Anyway, so after mine and Abner's lunch date we walked over to Bella's Bridal boutique (same place I found my wedding gown) and picked up our bridesmaid dresses for Meghan's wedding. Then we got in Abby's car and drove to Target to look for dresses to wear for the rehearsal dinner. I found a whole lot more than just dresses. There was a sale so I bought two dresses and I could have bought more but I also bought two new blouses. I decided to stop there. I might got back and buy more clothes tomorrow, who knows.

Then we went to Dustee's accessory shop and I found some gorgeous faux pearl and diamond earrings that I'm going to wear with one of my new dresses to the rehearsal dinner (I haven't decided which dress to wear yet). I thought I was done shopping for the day, but Abby wanted to look for jewelry at a store in the mall, so we drove over to the mall and looked around.

I told Abby to come meet me in Victoria's Secret whenever she got done. I wanted to look at the lingirie to get an idea of what I want for my honeymoon! All the lingirie there is so pretty and sexy. I want them all! I'm real excited about my wedding night and honeymoon. I'm not going to be that girl that pretends to be nervous. I'm real excited and I feel like a bride should be. I have enough married friends that have informed me what to expect the first few times and therefore, I'm not worried about it. Besides, I'm going to be sleeping with my husband, the person who loves me and knows me completely. Why should I be nervous? I'm going to be a total sex kitten for Bryan! That doesn't make me a slut...it makes me a wife!

Well, the lingirie was awesome and I still want it all, but their makeup was 75% off. I bought some new cream compact makeup, two of them to be exact. I figured while they're on sale, I might as well stock up. I also bought some bronzer that doesn't make you too orangey. Then I found a bandeau swimsuit top that was red and pink and I had to have it. I didn't buy the bottoms because they looked too skimpy, and I knew that I had a red bikni at home that the bottoms could easily be paired to match the bandeau.

After a day of shopping and as I said before, some really good buys, I made a batch of fudgy chocolate chip brownies from scratch and watched reruns of The Hills on my dvr with my favorite companion, Abbidy Baggidy. Today officially marks my first day of summer. Yesterday shouldn't count since I was sick and that sucked, and since today was just perfect and I feel ten times better...today my summer vacation really begins!

One week from today and my little childhood friend, Meghan E. Harrell will become Mrs. Eugene Howard Dawson III! I better start tanning in my new bandeau top for the wedding!! Our bridesmaid dresses are black and strapless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day...I felt like we were filming a reality called The Hub City...HA! Love you mija!

Amber Ruth said...

u said sex kitten...haha