Monday, May 4, 2009

Update

I am so ready for summer it isn't even funny. If I could give my kids coloring sheets and let them watch movies all day I would do so in a heartbeat. Luckily we are doing something fun for the rest of the few weeks we have before school gets out. We are doing a unit on Japan! Today they decorated poster board suitcases that I had made for them. All the information and stuff that they do and make will go inside their suitcase. Next week we're going to go eat lunch at Shogun Japanese steak house. Unfortunately for me Japanese food gives me terrible indigestion. Then we're going to read Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. It's kinda sad, but it will be good for the kids.

Little 3rd grade boys play very rough at recess. Someone is always getting hurt and needing to go to the nurse. But today, one of my little boys won the "Biggest Injury" award 0f all injuries for the year. I was not on recess duty today but from what I was told, he apparently fell on the blacktop hitting his head and his right shoulder so hard that he couldn't get up. They think he broke his right collar bone. He was crying. It was so sad. I left my class with a student teacher so I could sit in the nurse's office with him. You could tell his right collar bone was crooked. I felt so bad for him, but he's a tough boy. He didn't cry as much as I know I would have if I had broken a bone (ahem...knock on wood).

Bryan and I drove by some apartments yesterday and we've got a few options that are in our price range that look nice on the outside. Tomorrow we are going to go check out the inside to make sure they measure up to our standards. Not that we have super high standards, but we both feel that a home should be something you feel comfortable in and can enjoy. We just don't want something crappy. Therefore, they have to be nice on the inside. They already won our approval from the outside view.

I have to share the strangest thing that happened to Bryan and I on Saturday afternoon. We were about to go run some errands and eat lunch. We were sitting in my car at my apartment trying to get a game plan of where all we needed to go. As we were sitting there figuring it out this skinny, old, hispanic lady wearing black sunglasses and walking with a cane caught my eye. She was walking straight and then all of a sudden turned and starting coming right towards my car. Bryan and I didn't know what to do. She got a few inches away from my car, turned, and walked back straight. It was very bizarre. Bryan said he thought she was coming to ask for money. We later decided that she is proabably legally blind and didn't know where she was going until she got close enough. Either way, it was FREAKY!

That's the end of my update for everyone. The Hills comes on tonight at 9. I'll be watching! Hope everyone has a great week and don't forget Mother's Day this Sunday!

1 comment:

Amber Ruth said...

i think u should take pictures of your apartment looking and ur japan events! =)