Friday, May 29, 2009

Bryan turns 25 and I'm officially on Summer Vacay!

This week was the last week of school and summer officially began for me at 11:00 today. We had Monday off since it was Memorial Day and then Tuesday thru Friday of this week were all half days. Students left by noon and as soon as all the kids were out of the classroom, teachers were free to leave also.

I no longer have a classroom. The third grade portables were removed on Tuesday because they have added on a new third grade wing that will be ready to move into on July 1st so all third grade classes were relocated into other rooms in the building. Our furniture and classroom stuff is stored in a section of the gym. My kids and I spent all week in one of the computer labs. We watched movies and played on the computers and had long recess. It had been a very easy and simple week.

Yesterday I woke up and my throat and chest were aching. I toughed it out through the morning until noon when I was free to leave. I took a short one hour nap yesterday afternoon and woke up feeling a little better. Today I started to feel worse. I finally went to our school nurse and asked her to look in my throat. When she made a disgusted face I knew that it didn't look good in there. I was right. She said my tonsils looked horrible and my lymph nodes were very swollen. She took my temperature and it was over 100 degrees. My principal told me to go home. I said goodbye to my kids. I didn't even get to hug them because I didn't want them to get sick. :( That made me sad.

Anyway, this isn't exactly how I pictured my first day of summer to begin but I'm in high spirits. I'm about to go reward myself of another great year completed and buy a patio chaise lounge chair. I'm going to stick it outside in my strip, yes strip, of a backyard so that I can lay out during the day in privacy. I don't have a pool in my complex, but I do have a squirt bottle that I can spritz myself during my tanning time.

Bryan turned 25 on Tuesday and he had four celebration parties. The first celebration was with his parents the following weekend. Ramona and Steve came to the LBK to check out rehearsal dinner venues and help Bryan pick out groomsman suits. We're not doing tuxedos, instead the groomsman and groom are wearing black pin-striped suits. Bryan is wearing a cherry red tie with his suit and the groomsman are wearing Kiwi green ties that match the bridesmaids' dress color. I made Bryan an oreo cookie icecream pie that we shared with Ramona and Steve. Bryan got a new pair of shoes from his parents for his birthday.

The second celebration was also a memorial day cookout at Bryan and his roommate, Curt's house. Bryan and I along with Curt and his fiancee, Lauren, and Chris and Kylie ate grilled chicken and hamburgers and I brought my homemade fresh salsa and chips. We then watched the first episode of this season's Jon and Kate Plus 8.

The third celebration was on Bryan's actual birthday (Tuesday). I told him to meet me at my apartment at 6:30 that evening. I bought him a shirt he had his eye on and ordered take out from On the Border. I got Bryan his favorite OTB dish, The Border Sampler with no beans on the nachos. I arranged all his food neatly on dinner plates instead of the to-go boxes that it came in. He ate every bit of that meal!

The fourth and final celebration was Wednesday night. We drove to Levelland so that my parents could do something nice for Bryan. My dad grilled chicken, steaks, and jalepeno sausage and my mom made broccoli (Bryan loves broccoli), baked potatoes, salad, and angel biscuits. Then we had this really good cream cheese and strawberry pie that my mom made. My parents bought Bryan two polo shirts that I picked out and then Abby also bought him a polo shirt.

You may only turn 25 once, but Bryan just got spoiled with all these birthday parties, polo shirts, and pies! But yes, he does deserve them!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

are you feeling any better??? sorry that you are sick!!!