Saturday, April 18, 2009

17 Again...no thank you


The new Zac Efron movie, 17 Again, came out yesterday and I was able to somehow drag Bryan to go see it with me and Kylie who was able to drag Chris too. The theater was crowded and seating was limited (very few if any men besides Chris and Bryan), but we were able to find two seats with two seats behind us. So, Kylie and I sat together because we were both excited about watching the movie and Chris and Bryan sat behind us.

The movie is about a guy (Matthew Perry) who wishes he could go back and relive his high school teenaged life. He gets his wish by the school janitor who plays the symbol of an angel/ghost of your past who also happened to look like Santa Claus. The guy gets his wish and turns back into his 17 year old body in present time (Zac Efron). Needless to say, the movie was predictable, corny, but still cute and funny at certain times.

Kylie leaned in and said she didn't think she could ever go back to being in high school and I agreed with her entirely. I was an obnoxious and immature 17 year old but I also played by the rules; I always wanted to please my teachers and my parents. Now, I did have a happy high school life. I wasn't miserable or annoyed with high school or anything, but I did have way more fun in college.

So, if I had to choose a time to go back and relive all over again I would be 19-22 again, not 17. *Please see previous March blog entitled Abilene Makes Me Miss College.

During the movie last night I periodically looked behind me to see how Chris and Bryan were enjoying the movie and based on their expressions and demeanor, the were not enjoying it. At one cheesy scene I actually heard Bryan say, "Oh my gosh this is gay." So, with that in mind, I wouldn't recommend taking your significant other to see this movie. It is more appropriate for 13+ girls.

By the way, the warmer this Texas weather gets the more desperate I become for summer to be here. I am dreading May because there will be almost no more curriculum left to teach which means more bored students prone to acting out. Also, the last week of school we have to pack up our portables and prepare to move into our new classrooms in the main building. It will all be worth it, it's just one obstacle I have to jump in order to have my precious summer vacation! Oh, dear summer, please hurry!

1 comment:

coffee maker said...

17 again was a lot of fun to watch despite the awkward moments; reminded me of Freaky Friday