Monday, April 6, 2009

Self-Proclaimed Reality TV Junkie




Tonight my favorite reality tv show comes back on for its 5th season; The Hills. I love the drama, the petty girl arguements, the boy issues, and the overall concept of being that rich yet still very pathetic. It's entartaining.


I'm not a fan of Lauren Conrad (LC). Regardless of how she may be in everyday life, the show personophies her personality of being possessive, controlling, selfish, and unable to ever be wrong. She also always plays the role of being a victim.


Audrina, is the quiet, goes with the flow character who is never satisfied with her relationship to Justin Bobby but doesn't have the guts to get out.


Heidi comes off as being very irresponsible both in her job and life in general, but her estranged friendship to LC makes this show all the more dramatic.


Spencer is the coniving boyfriend to Heidi who clashes with LC mainly because the two are exactly alike. He also stirs up the drama.


Brody is LC's on again off again boyfriend/friend/mentor. He is also very fond of the ladies which usually makes LC mad. Again; drama.


Now, I am fully aware that this show is 9 times out of 10 staged and has become more and more pathetic with each new season, but I have been a devoted watcher every Monday night since season 1. This is supposedly the last season airing, therefore, I need to finish what I've started.

I am a self-proclaimed reality tv junkie. I am certain that reality tv is not always "reality', but the drama entertains me completely.






I am also convinced that Joel McHale, host of E! Entertainment's weekly television show, The Soup, has the greatest job ever. All he does is watch tv and then pokes fun of it on his show. I have decided that if I could get paid to watch tv and then write up funny comments about it I would do it in a heartbeat. I think I would dog Lauren Conrad the most. Her pride is just a little too high for me to stand!

No comments: