Monday, April 20, 2009

Hoorayonday

Today was a great day. My students completed all of the work that I had written out in my plans for today at school which is nice because that means tomorrow we won't be trying to get caught up from Monday's work. I got all of my papers graded and entered into the grade book from last week. Our field trip for this Friday almost fell through today due to a major mishap but we luckily got a few strings pulled and it's still scheduled.

I just feel that today progressed very smoothly and I myself feel very accomplished for working like a busy bee without any added pressure. I wish all weeks could start off with Mondays like this. I've decided that today is not a Monday but rather a Hoorayonday. It's a combination of Hooray and Monday. Much like Hollywood's naming couples; Brangelina, Speidi, etc.

More things to look forward to this evening: The day went great and fast and now it's relaxation time with chicken fajitas for dinner and a new episode of the Hills. Hoorayonday!

Yesterday afternoon I invented a new type of cookie. I call them Sugary Goodness Cookies. I had some left over Valentine chocolate candies that desperately wanted to be unwrapped so I bought some sugar cookie dough and wrapped the dough around a chocolate peanut buttercup candy. They look like ordinary sugar cookies until you bite in the middle and then it's a surprise sugary goodness of chocolate and peanut butter! I'm going to go buy some chocolate frosting and frost them because sugar cookies look too plain and boring. The frosting will give them more appeal. I told my co-workers about it and they are insisting that I bring some of my Sugary Goodness Cookies tomorrow. If I could quit teaching I might be a baker...or work from home. I can't decide.

I have been told that I am a "kid at heart" and I agree with this. However, I am also a self-proclaimed "cartoon at heart." Sometimes I wish we all lived in a cartoon world where we wore the same outfit everyday. Our appearances never changed. We worked jobs to define who we are and not to make money. Our neighborhoods and homes would all be little cartoons. This would be the life for me. Maybe this is why I am marrying a Simpson. Adriene Simpson. Hmm...I think I'm turning yellow right NOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So if you were a cartoon who never changed clothes what would be your # 1 outfit?