Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A New Milestone

Well, friends and fellow bloggers, I have stepped onto the birth control milestone and took my first pill approximately 30 minutes ago.

I had to text Kylie to get the moral support first and when she gave me the "ok" I said "OKAY!" I popped the pill in my mouth and did not look back (not that there was anything to look back on).

I obviously don't physically fill any different, but mentally I feel like a new woman. No, not really. But I am glad that I finally got that first pill over with. Now, I have to take the pill every night at 9ish.

Hopefully there will be no side effects.

Also, Zac Efron (my celeb crush because he looks like Bryan) was the host of SNL this past Saturday night. I had already set it up to record on my DVR and after watching it I really felt embarassed and uncomfortable for ZE. I think he's a lovely actor and also just really lovely, but man, SNL is NOT funny. Poor Zac. Those skits they had him do were just silly. I don't know if it's the main actors or the writers but Saturday Night Live has taken a beating since the Chris Farley, Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler days. It's just not entertaining or even good.

On another note, one of my best friends and bridesmaid called me yesterday to give me some very good news: Rachel Stewart is prego! She's expected to deliver a Baby Stew in mid November! Please keep her, the babe, and this pregnancy in your prayers. She has already heard the heartbeat and seen the baby in a sonogram! How cute!

Here is a wedding planning update: I met with my baker, Vida King to taste and choose a cake. Vida is originally from Africa. She escaped to the U.S. with the help of missionaries because her husband was physically abusive and violent. She began baking and cooking and eventually opened up her own bakery called Sweet Temptations. Vida has the best reputation in the Lubbock area for her miraculous and exquisite cakes. She has been known to spend time in prayer over each cake and the soon-to-wed couple. Every caterer recommends her too. I am so thrilled to know that my baker is not only the best at what she does but is also praying for me and Bryan. Talk about a "double-whammie!"

I chose a design and a flavor. I don't really know how to explain the design of the cake, but the flavor is going to be white cake with butter cream frosting and raspberry filling! I can still taste it from this afternoon! Hallelujah! Next on my list; registering!

1 comment:

Amber Ruth said...

Congrats on the pill! I'm switching to the nuva ring on the first =/ lol also, how awesome about your cake lady!! Very cool! Cake testing is the best part!