Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Can Face Tomorrow

Here is a recap of my Easter weekend:

Bryan and I rode to the Dallas area with Chris and Kylie on Friday. They went to a birthday party of one of Kylie's friends in McKinney and we went to Bryan's cousin's baby's 1st birthday party in Forney.

The baby is Abigail and she is going to be the flowerbaby in our wedding. For a first year birthday party, Abigail had it made. Her daddy, Justin cooked beef and chicken fajitas that were incredibly wonderful. He even made homemade guacamole and salsa and the best beans I have ever eaten. Besides the food, Catherine (Bryan's cousin) and Justin also rented a bouncy house for all the kids to play in (including Bryan). Bryan and I hid easter eggs for all the kids and then we had cake and ice cream and watched Abigail open her presents (with extra assistance from Catherine).

We headed back to Lubbock after the party on Saturday with Chris and Kylie. I was extremely exhausted and did take a little cat nap after we stopped at Rosa's in Abilene. I slept until we got to Sweetwater. Then we played the radio game, guys vs. girls. The rules to the game are to scan through radio stations and guess the name of the artist of the song playing. I'm convinced that Kylie and I won, but we all did a horrible job at keeping score!

This morning Abby, Bryan and I drove to Levelland to celebrate Easter Sunday with my parents and grandparents at church and then for Easter lunch. At the end of the church service we sang the song "Because He Lives." The chorus is sung like this: because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. It's been a little uncomfortable at work lately because some of my coworkers do not like me. I understand that it really doesn't have anything to do with me personally because I have never been anything but friendly to them, but it still hurts my feelings. Anyhow, this song reminded me that I can face tomorrow because Jesus lives and He lives within me, and that gives me comofort to go to work each day and face all future "tomorrows."

After church we went back to my parents house and had chicken and rice with fruit salad, salad, homemade biscuits, steamed broccoli, deviled eggs, and pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream. My mom goes all out for Easter lunch! It was great!

God has given west Texas some very much needed rain today. I always think of Easter Sunday as being sunny and spring-like, but rainy days go very well with some decaf coffee and a little blogging.

So, Happy Easter to all of you fellow bloggers! I hope that it's as blessed as the blessing given to us!

2 comments:

Hayden's Momma said...

I sure do love you Adriene Rene. I'm sorry you are having a difficult time at work. I experienced the same situation in San Antonio. It sucks. Keep your chin up, know that your kids love you because you are the coolest 3rd grade teacher ever, and know that you have friends and family who love you very much! And most importantly, Jesus loves you!! By the way, I'm reading Charlotte's Web to Hayden!!!

Amber Ruth said...

What a fun/busy easter weekend! I'm not sure why anyone would not like you...but if you give me some name i could do some voodoo stuff on them. kidding. i will keep you in my prayers lil soon to be simpson! love you!